Sunday, February 20, 2005

Teddy Bear Meet

Taylor had another gymnastics meet today in Hampton, VA. She had to be there at 9:00am so we left at 8:15am so we'd have time to stop and get some breakfast. She has been working hard and had her best day yet. She got a 9.15 on the vault, a 9.0 on the floor, a 8.7 on the beam and a 7.75 on the bars, but everyone's score was low on the bars. Her total score for the meet was 34.60. If this had been a sectional meet, that score would have qualified her for the state meet. Taylor and I got home around 2:00 and both of us took long naps. I didn't get up until around 4:30 and Taylor slept past 5:00.

Next Sunday we travel to Fredricksburg for the first sectional meet. Fredricksburg it about 2.5 hours away from here, but only about an hour from my Dad. I need to decide if we are going to drive up early the day of the meet or spend the night at Dad's. I think it depends on whether the meet time is early in the morning or later in the day. Hopefully we will know the meet time by Wednesday so I can make some plans.

No comments: