Sunday, February 27, 2005

Gymnastics Today

Taylor and I got up today at 6:45am to get her ready for her meet. She took a shower first and then got dressed while I took a shower. After I got dressed, I french braided her hair. If you had asked me 15 years ago if I could french braid, I'd have said No and would have thought that I'd never figure out how to do it. Well 15 years and 5 girls later, I'm finally getting pretty good at it. Taylor and I got breakfast while Rachel stayed with Natalie and got her dressed and fed. I dropped Taylor off at the gym and went back to the hotel to get Rachel and Natalie, breakfast for Rachel and check out. Up to this point, Natalie had been diarrhea free, just blowing a lot of stinky gas. Natalie nursed a lot during the meet. I ended up leaving about half way through the meet to walk next door to Wal-Mart to get Pepto Bismo for Rachel because she now had Natalie's diarrhea. One of the Dads from Taylor's gym watched Natalie for me in case Rachel had to go potty while I was gone. Natalie was alseep in his arms when I got back. She woke up when he transferred her to me and was cranky on and off the rest of the meet. Rachel took the medicine and feel much better after about 1/2 an hour. Taylor did not have her best day all around, except on the vault where she came in tied for 5th place with her best score yet of 9.3, but she did well enough to qualify for the State meet coming up in May. Her total score for the 4 different events had to be at least 33 to qualify and she got a 33.7. Yeah Taylor!!!

No comments: