Sunday, February 27, 2005

Road Trip

After spending the day watching Mallory play volleyball and helping Rachel sell Girl Scout cookies, three of the girls and I heading north to Fredericksburg. Taylor has a gymnastics meet Sunday morning and she has to be there at 8:00am. Fredericksburg is about 2 1/4 hours away so I decided we should spend night rather than drive that far so early in the morning. Since we were spending the night, I had to take Natalie with me. I decided to take Rachel with me so she could watch Natalie for me during the meet in case Natalie got tired of just sitting in one place. We got on the road later than I wanted, around 9:00pm rather than 8:00pm, so we didn't get in to the hotel until 11:30pm, but we made it without incident. Natalie had had diarrhea all day and only had a small nap, so she fell asleep as soon as we got on the highway. Taylor and Rachel stayed awake until around 10:30pm, then it was quite. I love driving at night after all of the kids in the car have falling asleep. Natalie stayed asleep during the transfer to the room and we all went to bed around midnight.

No comments: