Friday, January 14, 2005

Retirement News!

Joe finally got a message from the Navy giving him permission to retire on 5/31/05. Yeah! He is currently planning on staying home with the kids for the summer and working on his resume. We'll all just have to wait and see what happens after that. Not much else happened this week, just the normal swim team & gymnastics pratices plus boy and girl scouts to taxi kids to. I actually got 2 evenings at home, but still didn't get much of the stuff I wanted to do done. I always seem to spend my evenings doing paperwork, laundry or cleaning up some room(s) in the house.

Things I'd like to have time to do: more sewing for the kids, figuring out how to transfer the digital video from my computer to a DVD or just being lazy and reading a good book.

I'd like to be able to do one of these things for me and still get to bed before midnight. Someday.

1 comment:

sozzled said...

wow that is GREAT news! you know i feel a constant struggle with keeping up with the paper work and the errands and the taxicabbing it with only 2 kids, i can't imagine what it must be like at your house! I figure I'll have my time to read books AND still go to bed early once they move OUT ;-)