Saturday, January 29, 2005

Gig and Jive, look who's Five

Five years ago yesterday, we had to postpone Joe's 45th birthday dinner for a couple of days because we ended up at the birth center to have Bailey. Joe joked with me as we drove to the birth center that I had to wait to have her until the next day so they would each have their own birthday. I told him she would just get here when she was ready.

I had left work early that day to get my ear looked at because it was killing me. I was given an antibotic for an ear infection and told I would feel better in a couple of days. I would not wish an ear infection on my worst enemy, that pain was worse then my labor pains up until the last hour. I truly believe that my labor was stalled for about 12 hours due to the pain I had in my ear. I could not relax to have a baby because my ear hurt so much. Eventually nature took over and I went from 6-10 cms in less than 5 minutes and Bailey was born in 2 pushes. She crowned with the first push and flew out entirely with the second one, there was no stopping with just her head out. Bailey Denise Stratton was born 2.5 weeks early at 10:18am on January 29th. She weighed in at 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 20.5" long.

Today she weighs 50.5 lbs and is 47" tall. She is a very vibrant, very smart, very talkative 5 year old. In fact, I think that she has stolen the most talkative Stratton award from Taylor and that requires a lot of talking and the asking of thousands of questions. I cannot believe that she is 5 years old already.

1 comment:

sozzled said...

holy smokes, 5!?! how can she be 5 already?