Saturday, April 09, 2005

Racing Experience

Joe's big gift for his 50th birthday was the chance to drive an actual NASCAR stock car 8 laps around the track to Richmond Internation Raceway. Today was the big day. I also had a ticket to ride 3 laps around the track. Of course, the forecast yesterday was rain on and off all day in Richmond today and you can't race in the rain. I was told that we still had to show up at the track and if the class was cancelled because of rain, that Joe would be given a voucher to reschedule his class sometime in the next year. So we left here around 8:30 this morning and drove in the very cloudy, but not rainy weather to get to Richmond just after 10:00. It started to drizzle for a few minutes after the first group started driving and they called them into the pits to wait for the rain to stop. Fortunately the rain delay only lasted about 5 minutes and everyone in the group got to finish the laps without any more rain. Joe got to drive in the #20 car and I got to ride in the #8 car. He loved the experience and wants to do it again on a bigger track. I was glad that my ride was only 3 laps because I was a little nauseous by the end of my ride. See pictures below.

2 comments:

The Orlowski Family said...

Go Karen and Joe. I am jealous of Joe driving the number 20 car. I glad to hear that you both had a good time. I will have to check that out for Paul.

Karen said...

His adreline was pumped for several hours after that. He definitely wants to do it again, but on a bigger track where he can go faster.