Monday, April 04, 2005

Hi Mom!


Today we went to Arlington Cemetery and while we were there we left flowers for my Mom. Carnations were her favorite flower and red was her favorite color. After we left, Bailey cried for a while because she was so sad that she hadn't gotten to meet my Mom before she died. It was sad for me to see her so sad. I wish my Mom could have met Bailey and Natalie too. Bailey asked me if my Mom had wanted to die? I told her my Mom died because she had been very sick, that most people who die do not want to die. We also spent some time talking about my Grandma and how she is very old and will probably died sometime probably in the next couple of years. I want her to be prepared for when it happens. What else can I do? Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Nancy and the Master Chief said...

Karen,

I think you're already doing what you should do...talking about death and how it affects people. The kids will see how you respect and love your Mom and also how you take care of your Dad and Grandmother now. They're learning how to deal with death by watching you.

I miss my mother too; it just occurred to me that this will be my first Mother's Day without a mother to send a card to.

Nancy