Sunday, April 13, 2008

Almost Stranded in TX

Last week, I flew down to Texas on my first business trip since the summer of 1999. My flight was on an American Airlines MD-80. I worked there two days and then I was supposed to fly home on another American Airlines MD-80. Does anyone see where this is heading? American Airlines canceled all MD-80 flights for the day I was to fly home and had the two previous days also. I got to the airport and got into line with all of the other passengers trying to get home. My cell phone battery was almost dead so I was turning it off between making calls. I called Joe to tell him that I might not be getting home that day. I called the office to see if they could call the corporate travel office to see if they could get me home on another airline. The best the travel office could do was 6:30am the next morning. I stayed in line. When I got to the front of the line, the very nice ticket agent transferred my tickets to a Continental flight leaving later that morning. We stopped in Houston and were delayed an hour because of bad weather. Once we got on the plane, we were delayed another 30 minutes because someone had parked their truck behind the plane and left it without any keys. They had to find someone with keys to move the truck. Who parks their truck behind a plane at the airport? The garbage man. The flight home was smooth and I finally got into my car about 2 hours later then I should have, but at least I was home. Some of the passengers who flew out that day had been stranded at the airport for up to two days. Check out my knitting page for all of the knitting I got done when on travel.

No comments: