Saturday, May 14, 2005

Busy Week!

Starting with Monday - Taylor and Bailey had gymnastics and Rachel had volleyball practice. Joseph was supposed to have a Boy Scout meeting for the first time in 2 months, but I forgot all about it until later that evening. Opps!

Tuesday - Joseph and Taylor were both sick and stayed home from school. Joseph was supposed to have a baseball game that night, but didn't go because he was sick. I should have had a free night, but got a call from Rachel's Girl Scout leader because she needed help with one last cookie booth sale. The troop had 36 boxes of cookies left over and Rachel and the leader's daughter got rid of all but 3 boxes.

Wednesday - Bailey had a T-ball game at 6:00. Taylor and Rachel had volleyball practice from 6:30 - 8:00 and then Taylor had gymnastics practice until 9:30. After Bailey's game and before picking the girls up from volleyball practice, I had to take Mallory to the music store to get some sheet music for an upcoming solo and ensemble competition. Then I stayed up until almost 1 am filing my Virginia State taxes online. I rememebered earlier in the week that they had been due May 1st and I had forgotten to file mine. But I got a refund so I don't know if there will be a penality for late filing.

Thursday - I left work early in order to take Mallory to DMV to take the test for learner's permit. To pass, she had to get the first 10 traffic signs correct and then 80% of the next 25 general knowledge questions. She got the 8th sign incorrect and needs to wait 15 days before she can retake the test. She was crushed, she really wanted to pass the test the first time. It took many of her friends several times to pass it. Now she is just counting down the days until she can take it again. I also had to take Rachel and one of her friend's to a 3 volleyball clinic from 6-9. I dropped them off and then went back home to mow the lawn before it rained. I used the weed wacker while Taylor mowed the lawn. Then I started weeding my front garden and ended up getting Mallory's help to dig up the 3 bushes I have been wanting to get rid of for a while now.

Friday - I left work early in order to complete a 3 hour computer based ethics class that had to be completed by Sunday. Taylor had to be at gymnastics from 3:30 - 6:30 and stay for extra workout time from 7:30 - 9:30. Usually I take Taylor something to eat for dinner, but this week, Bailey had a make-up T-ball game from 6:00 - 7:00, so Taylor had to pack a dinner for gymnastics. I was up until about 12:30 am balancing the checkbook and writing out checks for this week's bills.

No comments: