Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Natalie at four days


Natalie was 4 days old when this picture was taken. She looks so tan because she was jandiced. She spent a week under the lights before she was better. Natalie was born 6 days early, my only baby born at a PM hour. I had had a check-up that day and I was 5cm dialated, but not crampy at all so my midwife sent me home with instructions to call if anything started. Rachel went with my neighbor to dress rehersal for a play she was performing in over the weekend. The theater was only 3.5 miles from the hospital and my neighbor had agreed to bring Rachel down if I went into labor. I started contracting sometime around dinner and by 8:30, I decided to call my midwife. She said to come in and she'd be there by 9:30. I called our neighbor and she said that she could have Rachel at the birth center around 9:30 too. Rachel was supposed to be there to see Natalie born and cut the cord. Mallory was with us too, but she got the cut the cord when Bailey was born. I was 8cm when I got to the birth center and got checked around 9:45pm. Natalie was born after 5-6 pushed at 11:07pm. She weighed 9 lbs - 5 ozs and was 19.75" long. Everyone kept asking me if she was my biggest baby and I kept telling them that I had had three babies bigger than Natalie. Two of my girls were only 1 and 2 ozs bigger, but my son was 10.5 lbs. Natalie did not take to nursing and by the time she was 12 hrs old, I was pumping and feeding pumped milk to her. I never gave up and after 5 long weeks of around the clock pumping, Natalie finally starting latching on and within a week was nursing full-time. She is still nursing to this day.Posted by Picasa

No comments: